1 Minute 30 Day Success | Blog Talk Radio Feed

Saturday, April 12, 2008

My Father's Father - Trinidad Roots

Here is more information about my Father's Side of the family courtesy of the Ellis Island Foundation Inc. Support our community

Clarence Coggins

Lillian Coggins

It looks like my grandfather came over a year earlier than my grandmother. I never got to meet either of them. But I saw pictures of them. My Grandmother was a school teacher. My Grandfather was a Independent Window Washer.

As you can see from the records they came from Trindad. What I found interesting was how the Ethnicity was listed: just British African for my Grandmother and British W. I., Af. Bl. For my Grandfather. I guess part of the reason may have been do to my Grandmother's heavy Indian (of the India variety) features.

No comments:

Join our community

Get with the Winners

http://mylegalplantoday.com